Property Refurbishment and Presentation for the Market
Property refurbishment can encompass a wide range of works and it is advisable to tailor the works required to the use of the property. If you are going to let your property, then it is essential that it is presented well and looks modern and fresh.
From installation of central heating systems, new kitchens, and bathrooms to the delivery of furniture, hanging curtains and making beds, the team at Watt Property are able to assist you with all areas of preparing your property for the rental or sales market or refurbishing you home. We have longstanding relationships with excellent contractors who often provide us with discounted rates for work instructed via our agency. For smaller presentation assistance we have experienced staff who will spend time at your property dressing beds, arranging cushions and hanging pictures to ensure your property is appealing to prospective tenants or buyers.
Interested. Give us a call on 0131 555 2777 for a free consultation
Property presentation is important to maximise the potential of your property.
In general decor should be a neutral blank canvas that new occupants can personalise themselves, with enough detail to make it appealing and photograph well. If you or a family member have lived in the property it is much more difficult to look at it objectively and it is worth getting advice from someone not personally involved. It is also worth decluttering so that the property can be seen at its best. Improvements should be reflective of the value of the property so that your investment can be recovered when the property is sold.
Improvements you may wish to consider
- Redecoration – repainting a front door and installing new door ironmongery may give a good first impression and be worth the outlay if the internal presentation is good.
- Replacing fencing and tidying the garden area – this will again improve first impressions and show the level of care that has gone into maintaining the property.
- Re-carpeting or renovating wooden floors to improve presentation – this will help the marketing of the property. Clean, neutral carpets will also make the property feel larger and fresher.
We can also assist with more substantial improvements including
- Gas central heating – this is usually much more attractive to potential tenants or purchasers than electric heating
- Kitchen replacement – in some instances where units look dated but are in good condition replacement doors may suffice.
- Bathroom replacement – a shower is now considered essential and dated suites can be extremely off putting to tenants and buyers alike.
At Watt Property we can arrange the refurbishment of your property to ensure that it will be attractive to potential buyers or tenants or even if it’s your home and you would like some help. You may have definite ideas as to works that you would like carried out or need help to determine what is required, in which case we are happy to provide advice.
Our flexible service means that we can accommodate your requirements. We have an extensive network of tried and tested contractors giving you peace of mind that work will be carried out to a good standard.