This week we received an email from the Landlord Registration Team reminding us of certain areas of up and coming Landlord Compliance and we felt this would be a good time to send this on to our clients for their information.
The Agency are in the process of taking further guidance from Gas Safe on the positioning of Carbon Monoxide detectors as the guidance set out in the Government information pack appears to conflict with that of our Gas Safe registered engineers.? We will update you on this when we can.
If you have any queries do contact either Pauline or Angela to discuss these further.
Forthcoming Legislative & Other Dates
1st December 2015
- ?Carbon Monoxide Detectors to be in place. Scottish Government Guidance can be downloaded below.
- EICR?s & PATs required for all new lets from this date. Scottish Government Guidance on Electrical Installations and Appliances can be found here: http://www.prhpscotland.gov.uk/prhp/137.html
- 3rd Party Applications to the Private Rented Housing Panel, by Local Authorities, in respect of the Repairing Standard commence.
- ?Letting Agent Mandatory Code of Practice to be Published
Late 2016 / Early 2017
- ?Introduction of Mandatory Letting Agent Regulation
- Introduction of the 1st Tier Tribunal.
1st December 2016
- ?EICR?s & PATs required for all lets (new and existing) from this date . Scottish Government Guidance on Electrical Installations and Appliances can be found here: http://www.prhpscotland.gov.uk/prhp/137.html
Click below to read more about the Scottish Government Statutory Guidance on Carbon Monoxide Alarms in Private Rented Housing.